Welcome to The Counseling Center
Counseling Center Services During COVID-19
The Counseling and Psychological Services Center remains committed to assisting and supporting students during this time. How we deliver these services is slightly different due to CDC recommendations for social distancing, and may continue to evolve:
- Phone Consultations: We are scheduling phone consultations to help students interested in continuing or getting started with services, who would like to talk about support for themselves during this time, or who would like assistance with referrals or other resources. Please call us at 828-262-3180 to schedule a phone consultation to discuss options.
- Emergency Services: Please see our updated emergency services page.
- Self-Help: See our website below for taking care of your mental health during COVID-19. There are self-help resources available to assist with anxiety, depression, sleep, relationships, traumatic events, etc. See also these additional on-line Mental Health Resources during COVID-19.
- TeleMental Health: Please call the Counseling Center at 828-262-3180 to schedule a phone consultation to speak with a counselor about options for services that will match your needs, including counseling through TeleMental Health. Please review the Counseling Center's TeleMental Health Informed Consent.
- We now offer Quick Access Virtual Workshops – Anxiety Toolbox, Kind Mind, and HEALS (Healthy Emotions and Life Skills).
- Additional local and national resources are available at the Dean of Students Case Management page.
Please see our Counseling Center Forms page for any needed documents.