MHAs are App State students who are trained by Counseling Center staff to give presentations that raise awareness and fight stigmas about mental health. Applications are due March 2nd, 2018 and can be found at mha.appstate.edu/applications.
How do I become a Mental Health Ambassador?
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Complete application and reference forms
- Must be responsible, motivated, and energetic
- Must be interested in mental health topics and promoting positive mental health
- Be able to commit to Fall and Spring semester involvement
- Be able to attend weekly staff meetings on Friday afternoons and training seminar on Friday, August 17, 2018 and Monday, August 20, 2018
Benefits of becoming a Mental Health Ambassador:
- Meet new people
- Develop leadership and communication skills
- Build up resume for graduate school or your career
- Gain experience in a mental health environment
Submit completed application packets (your application form and two reference forms) to Dr. Emily Lazar by mail or they may be dropped off at the ASU Counseling Center (in the Annas Student Support Building behind the Post Office). Application packets should be in a sealed envelope and are due Friday, March 2nd, 2018.
Contact Emily Lazar (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Leslie Martin (email@example.com)
at 262-3180 with questions.