About the Eating Concerns Treatment Team
The Eating Concerns Treatment Team (ECTT) offers specialized services for individuals with eating and body image issues. Appalachian State University utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to treatment in order to most effectively address the dietary, medical, and emotional/psychological aspects of an eating concern.
Our providers are skilled, caring professionals including physicians, physician assistants, psychologists, counselors, and a registered dietitian. Using this multidisciplinary approach, we provide the following services:
- Assessment of eating concerns
- Medical evaluation by a physician, physician assistant, or registered nurse
- Individual and/or group therapy sessions by therapists trained in this area
- Nutrition counseling by a registered dietitian
Who can Benefit?
- Students of any gender who struggle with eating and/or body image can receive ECTT services.
- Concerned friends or family of an Appalachian student can utilize the ECTT as a source of information and guidance.
- Appalachian faculty and staff can utilize the ECTT for a referral, a consultation, and/or an information resource for students.
The ECTT Coordinator is housed in the Counseling Center and serves as the central contact person for the eating concerns client, members of the treatment team, and concerned family, friends or staff members.
Questions, concerns, referrals and requests for more information should be directed to the ECTT Coordinator at (828)262-3180.