The following list of online mental health resources is designed to provide you with relevant and accurate supplemental information. Please explore the links and PDFs below to learn about a variety of mental health concerns, in addition to books, websites, smartphone apps, videos, and more that may be helpful to you.
- PDF - Self-Help Resources for Depression
- Book - The Noonday Demon
- Video - Ted Talk: Depression, the Secret we Share
- Video - The Black Dog
- Movie - Inside Out
- Phone App - Virtual Hope Box - Android
- Phone App - Virtual Hope Box - iPhone
- Book - Facing Bipolar: The Young Adults Guide to Dealing With Bipolar Disorder
- Counseling Center's Site - Mindfulness Meditations from the Center
- Phone App - Meditation Studio
- Book - Wherever You Go, There You Are
- Website - Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Training (FREE)
- Website - Moodica
The Counseling Center offers after-hours emergency coverage for urgent mental health concerns such as suicidal thoughts, sexual assault, and other trauma. Call the Counseling Center at 828-262-3180 and select the option to speak with the counselor on-call.
During operating hours, students in crisis can walk in any time.