Reflection for My Journey
Center yourself, listen, reflect, and consider what you need. Try any of the following:
- Slowly take 3 deep breaths and ask yourself what you need at this time.
- Write down your thoughts and feelings in a journal. (Practical Advice for Writing and Health )
- Incorporate mindfulness as reflective practice. (Incorporate Mindfulness as a Reflective Practice )
- Take the Counseling Center's free and anonymous online screening to have a better understanding of any mental health concerns and possible recommendations.
- If you have a spiritual or religious practice that is helpful, take a few moments for quiet prayer. There are many websites that share steps for reflective prayer from a variety of religious and spiritual traditions.
- Take a walk in nature and reflect on what you need. (Psychology Today )