Core Values of the Counseling & Psychological Services Center:
- the potential of every human being to change and to continue learning throughout their lifespan, in formal and informal settings, and especially in the environment of counseling and psychological services
- strong relationships as the primary vehicle in helping others to learn new ways of thinking, feeling and behaving, including collaboration within the university community and partnering with other offices to provide comprehensive mental health services to students
- an emphasis on prevention of mental health problems via education, intervention and outreach into the University community
- training new professionals and support for on-going training of staff
- respect for diversity of individuals, their cultures, languages, lifestyles, identities, ideologies, intellectual capacities, personalities, and capabilities to expand our learning opportunities and understanding of global connections
The Counseling Center offers after-hours emergency coverage for urgent mental health concerns such as suicidal thoughts, sexual assault, and other trauma. Call the Counseling Center at 828-262-3180 and select the option to speak with the counselor on-call.
During operating hours, students in crisis can walk in any time.
1st Floor, Miles Annas Building
614 Howard Street
Boone, NC 28608-2044
P.O. Box 32044
Boone, NC 28608
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m-5:00 p.m
Initial Consultation Hours:
Monday - Friday:
8:30-11:00 a.m. & 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Please Note -
During Summer Sessions, Initial Consultation Hours at times may vary. Please contact us at (828) 262-3180 for our current schedule and to verify availability.