Here are some reasons for college students to consider group counseling:
- Research on group counseling supports the idea that it can be just as effective as individual counseling.
- At the Counseling Center, there are no limits on the number of group sessions a student can attend and there is no cost to attend.
- Groups can provide…
- a way to feel less lonely and more connected on campus
- the opportunity for students with similar experiences or concerns to come together to support each other
- the chance to get perspectives and feedback from multiple sources, including a mental health professional and your peers
- a way to learn skills to improve relationships, better understand yourself, reduce stress, and cope with other life challenges
- the chance to learn to feel more comfortable being with and communicating in groups
- the opportunity to try out new ways of relating to other people in a confidential and supportive environment
Many of our groups will be starting in late January or early February. If you are interested in knowing more about them, we encourage you to visit our Group Counseling page to learn how to get involved.
(A copy of the Spring 2018 Group Schedule can be downloaded here.)
For the complete group schedule... Read More